Packing for Alaska is quite difficult. We need such a variety of things. For instance:
- Nice suit for formal nights
- Casual suit for “smart casual” nights
- I got a GREAT DEAL on this suit (got both for $179, normally jacket is $250 and pants are $130)
- Another pair of pants for “smart casual” nights, because I don’t want to wear the previous suit 4 times
- Different clothes for during the day (because I’m not a get dressed up all day kind of person)
- Outdoor suitable gear for our excursions (ziplining in the rainforest and visiting sled dogs, riding on a sled)
- And I can’t forget swimsuits, as our cruise ship has an indoor salt water pool
Basically – I’m packing more clothes for a 7 nite cruise than I did for our 10 and 15 day trips to Europe. Oh well, that is cruising I guess. At lease we don’t have to fly anywhere. Pier 66 in Seattle is about 5 miles due south of our house, and a short bus ride to get there. The new pier (91 – Celebrity doesn’t leave from there) is actually visible from our street. Not our house, but if you go down the street 200 yards, you can see 2 ships docked there a few times a week. Quite an unusual site.
So anyways, soon we will be on the Celebrity Infinity headed to Alaska!
For both before and during (and after I guess) – you can track our progress on this Web page: http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shipposition.phtml?call=9HJD9